Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions concerning dining on campus. If you don't find the answer to your question, please contact us we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

View all questions

Meal Plans

What is a Meal Plan?

Students purchase a certain number of meals in the dining hall per quarter. DJR Student Activities Food Court is also available for other meal options, and can be purchased with cash or the declining balance on your Ram Card.

Am I required to get a meal plan if I live on campus?

Yes. For students residing on campus, a meal plan is required. Meal plan options are provided to suit the various schedules.

What is the advantage of having a meal plan instead of just making my own food?

Storage space (for food and cooking utensils) and access to kitchens are not available in all residence halls. The convenience of a meal plan assures you of always having access to meals when you're hungry.

What is a Ram Card?

The Ram Card is an all-in-one card. It serves as an ID, debit, library, and meal card for all WSSU students, faculty, and staff. You may get the Ram Card from the Ram Card office in the Thompson Center.

How does a Meal Plan work?

The meal plan is made up of a combination of block meals and declining balance. Once you sign up, the magnetic stripe on the back of the RamCard is programmed for your meal plan.

If I don't use all my meals will they roll over to the next semester?

WSSU Meal Plans expire at the end of each semester. It is important that you select the right plan to fit your schedule and your eating habits to ensure that you get the full value for your dollars.

What happens to my unused Declining Balance at the end of the semester?

Declining balance dollars that are part of a meal plan expire at the end of each semester. Unused declining balance dollar funds are not refundable and cannot be transferred to the next semester.

What happens if I run out of Declining Balance Dollars?

Additional funds may be added to your RamOne Account. Funds may be added at the Cashiers Office in Thompson Center, Suite 200. Cashier’s checks, money orders and cash are accepted. You may also add to your account using cash at the CSVT machine located in the O’Kelly Library lobby.

Can I change or cancel my meal plan?

Meal plans are binding for the full academic year. Please give thoughtful consideration to your selection. Once the selection is made, that meal plan is yours for both the Fall and Spring semester and may not be changed during the year. Cancellations can only be made under special circumstances (i.e., withdrawal from the University) and only upon approval of the Office of Auxiliary Services. Requests for cancellations of the Meal Plan Contract must be made to the Office of Auxiliary Services located in Eller Hall, Room #214.


Where can I find more info on nutrition?

For more on Nutritional Information and Healthy for Life initiatives, visit our Eat Well section.

Why do I have to create an account in order to check out?

For you, and us, to be able to best track orders, and to be able to contact you in case of a question regarding your order we ask that you create a CampusDish account.

How do I create an account?

Click the "Login" button, and then on the login page click the "create a new account" link.

How do I find more about Nutritional Information?

Use our Comparison Box and Nutritional Calculator to get the most out of your eating decisions. Select products from the Menu section and use one of the options below to get accurate comparisons and information about your choices. 

For more on Nutritional Information and Healthy for Life initiatives, visit our Eat Well section.